TEACHER: Trish Foster
THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 8 STUDENTS!
This life science course is a laboratory-based science class. Themes covered include scientific skills, cellular processes, basic biochemistry, genetics and basis of heredity, natural selection, ecology, human body systems and social implication of science in society.
- Life Science, 2007, Prentice Hall, ISBN-13: 978-0133668599
$70/month for nine months
- Materials/Lab Fee**
$120 for the year due at registration.
- The class is structured and well managed. Instruction is engaging and inspiring.
- The class is taught in tandem with Biology I (high school), but with a separate textbook and different assignments.
- Learning is accomplished in a fun way.
- Each class consists of one hour of instruction and one hour of laboratory work/activity.
- This class is appropriate for students in grades 7-8.
- This is a 31/32 week/semester course which will begin and end according to the VPE Academic Calendar.
** In addition to course costs, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT on the first day of EACH SEMESTER. See COSTS PAGE for further information.