THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 3 STUDENTS!
The Geography course provides a complete overview of the seven continents utilizing map activities, research activities, current events, the five themes of geography, literature connections, and specific geographic terms. Students will learn how the geography of an area affects many aspects of its culture. They will work extensively with an atlas.
Students will become very familiar with all parts of the world as well as the many different types of maps, land forms, and geographic vocabulary. They will learn about the culture, language, religion, economy, climate, and other important aspects of each country around the world.
- Goode’s World Atlas, 23rd edition, ISBN-13: 978-0133864649 – to be purchased by student
- Answer Atlas by Rand McNally – provided by instructor
- Hans Brinker or the Silver Skates by Mary Mapes Dodge – provided by instructor
- Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne – provided by instructor
- Continents Outline Map Set – provided by instructor
- Map Marking Pens and Pencils – provided by instructor
- 2″ 3-ring binder – to be purchased by student
$65 per month – 9 months
- Materials Fee**
$75 for the year (non-refundable) due at Registration
- The geography class is a one-year course.
- Each student will be required to keep a well-organized notebook – this becomes their class text.
- This class can be used as one (1) high school world studies credit or one (1) high school social studies credit or one (1) high school elective credit.
** In addition to course costs, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT on the first day of EACH SEMESTER. See COSTS PAGE for further information.