THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 8 STUDENTS!
This biology course is a laboratory-based science class. To break in down, “bio” means life and “ology” means study of. In other words, it is a branch of knowledge that deals with living organisms and vital processes. Themes covered include scientific skills, cellular processes, basic biochemistry, genetics and basis of heredity, natural selection, ecology, human body systems and social implication of science in society.
- Biology, 2009, Miller and Levine, Prentice Hall, ISBN-13: 978-0133669619
$70/month for nine months
- Materials/Lab Fee**
$120 for the year due at registration.
- The class is structured and well managed. Instruction is engaging and inspiring.
- The class is taught in tandem with Life Science (7-8), but with a separate textbook and different assignments.
- Learning is accomplished in a fun way.
- Each class consists of one hour of instruction and one hour of laboratory work/activity.
- This class is appropriate for students in grades 9-12.
- This is a 31/32 week/semester course which will begin and end according to the VPE Academic Calendar.
** In addition to course costs, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT on the first day of EACH SEMESTER. See COSTS PAGE for further information.