THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 10 STUDENTS!
This course will focus on life skills that students will need as they become young adults, live outside of their childhood home, go to college, become a roommate or a spouse. The one-semester course will consist of the following:
- Five weeks of etiquette with a guest teacher to include social skills, leadership skills, proper manners, refined societal interaction and dining skills that are important now and for a lifetime. An optional "graduation" dinner/lunch will culminate this session.
- Car repairs and maintenance with a guest teacher.
- Simple clothing repair without a sewing machine - buttons, hems, etc.
- Balancing a checkbook/checking account
- Preparing for college in every year of high school
- In addition, we are working on other topics which may include cooking, self-defense, first aid, and others.
$350 for the semester. In addition, students will pay for the "graduation" dinner following the etiquette portion of the course. This dinner will be at the end of the semester.
$30 due at registration.
** In addition to course costs, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT on the first day of EACH SEMESTER. See COSTS PAGE for further information.