THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS!
This Physical Science course provides an overview of topics in physics, chemistry, earth science, and astronomy. Each weekly class will include demonstrations, or lab activities pertaining to concepts learned. We will be using quantitative methods in class, which is why there is a math pre-requisite. This course can be used for a high school Physical Science course. It also serves as pre-requisite and introduction to other high school level science classes.
- Course text is TBD.
- We will use a mix of traditional text and instructor created materials.
1. $300 per semester if paid by the first class of each semester
2. $70 per month for 9 months (August-April), payable the first class of each month
- Materials/Lab Fee**
$75 for the school year ($45 due at registration; $30 due January 1) to cover copies, lab materials
- Student must have taken or currently be enrolled in Pre-Algebra to take this course.
- This course is appropriate for Grades 7-9 ONLY.
- Students will need access to computer at home, gmail accounts (we will be utilizing Google Classroom, and Google Docs in this class), and three ring binder with tabbed dividers.
** In addition to course costs, AN ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT on the first day of EACH SEMESTER. See COSTS PAGE for further information.