THIS COURSE REQUIRES A MINIMUM OF 6 STUDENTS!
This biology course satisfies the biological sciences lab course requirements for high school. Students will work on topics covered in an introductory biology class, including scientific inquiry, cells, the chemistry of biology, genetics, classification, evolution, botany, zoology, anatomy and biotechnology. Emphasis will be placed on laboratory/classroom activities and project-based assignments. Students will demonstrate understanding and mastery of the material through quizzes, tests, participation, lab reports, and presentations.
- Secular textbook TBA.
$80/month for nine months
- Materials/Lab Fee**
$100 for the year due at registration.
- This class meets approximately 2 hours each week face-to-face with the instructor.
- Possible online sessions between the weekly Tuesday class may be scheduled to support student learning.
- Access and familiarity with computer software is important. The class is structured and well managed. Instruction is engaging and inspiring.
- Learning is accomplished in a fun way.
- Each class consists of one hour of instruction and one hour of laboratory work/activity.
- This class is appropriate for students in grades 9-12.
- This is a 31/32 week/semester course which will begin and end according to the VPE Academic Calendar.
** In addition to course costs, AN ANNUAL ADMINISTRATIVE FEE is due FOR EACH STUDENT. See COSTS PAGE for further information.